Tom Phipps has more than 3 decades of running a successful business in Cody, WY. We asked Tom the one piece of advice that he believes new business owners should hear. We also went for a ride in an EZ Go at the same time. Win-Win.
You get salesmen and women through your door everyday and if you ask them this question the answer will come back a resounding YES!
I’m here to tell you they are probably right, but maybe not. Before we give a knee jerk reaction, lets look at a few things.
Here are a list of reasons you may want to advertise.
- I want more customers
- I want to maintain my customers
- I want to build brand awareness
- I need to overcome public opinion
- I need to create a public perception
- I need to build value for my product or service
- I need to steal market share
- I want to protect my market share
- I need to create differentiation in the market
- I want to be seen as a community partner
- I want to attract high quality employees
Of course this isn’t an exhaustive list, but if you answered yes to any of these questions, then you probably need to be advertising.
On the other hand, it doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to do it. There are a number of ways that you can market your business for little to no cost.
In future blogs and videos we’ll be discussing; What budget is right for your business? Where do I advertise? What do I advertise? It can certainly be overwhelming, but we’ll simplify it for you.
If you have a topic you’d like one of our Business Builders to cover, send me an email on the contact page and we’ll try to get it covered for you.
Contrary to popular belief, Americans don’t hate advertising. – Roy H. Williams